The best of modern health care technology, plus the best of small town America!
Located in the midst of the beautiful rolling hills and woodlands of Pennsylvania, you don't have to be a native to feel at home here. No matter where your roots, you'll quickly recognize that the staff at Penn Highlands DuBois (PH DuBois) like other residents of the community, will make you feel right at home.
PH DuBois offers residents of west central Pennsylvania a rare combination of technologically advanced health care in a warm, friendly environment. Widely recognized as one of the leading health centers of its kind in the commonwealth, PH DuBois is an oasis of clinical and technical excellence, with a focus on patient-centered care. Its rural setting is just far enough from the hustle of the city life to make it peaceful, but close enough to provide easy access to sought-after urban attractions.
The Sleep Lab Scheduling Coordinator provides support for scheduling procedures for all sleep lab locations in Penn Highlands for both in lab and home studies; acts as a liaison between the Sleep Center, physicians, and their respected offices; schedules patients by extracting information from various EMR systems such as Cerner and GE; provides accurate and timely submission of patient charges within the appropriate information system; timely scans all reports into appropriate EMR systems and performs time and attendance data entry as designated.
*Complies with PENN HIGHLANDS DUBOIS policies and procedures, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state or local law and regulations
*Demonstrates competency in Sleep Lab Scheduling Coordinator role as evidenced by but not limited to:
· Coordinates the scheduling of procedures for the department
· Prepares and distributes daily schedules
· Accurately and efficiently enters procedure charges
· Orders supplies and maintains par levels of forms, etc. for the Sleep Lab
· Performs clerical duties such as scanning and filing
· Supports departments by obtaining patient information as needed
· Restocks and maintains forms necessary for daily workflow
· Processes time and attendance in a timely manner
· Relays information/issues to appropriate management member
· Accumulates all information necessary such as PTO requests, etc. for the Sleep Lab
· Maintains files in an organized manner
· Works closely with department directors of other Penn Highlands facilities to cover vacancies in the schedule due to leave of absences, sickness/calls offs, etc.
*Participates in the development of new staff as evidenced by but not limited to:
Actively participates in the orientation process of new employees
*Demonstrates personal accountability as evidenced by but not limited to:
Achieves educational credits to meet hospital requirements
Shares information obtained at education conferences with staff members
Participates in implementing departmental initiatives
Conducts self in professional manner in dress, actions, and interpersonal communication
Ensures environment of safety for patients, significant others, and coworkers
Informs Department Director/ Supervisor of patient care situations and departmental problems as appropriate
Demonstrates effective problem solving skills for clinical and departmental issues
*General duties as directed