The best of modern health care technology, plus the best of small town America!
Located in the midst of the beautiful rolling hills and woodlands of Pennsylvania, you don't have to be a native to feel at home here. No matter where your roots, you'll quickly recognize that the staff at DuBois Regional Medical Center (DRMC), like other residents of the community, will make you feel right at home.
DuBois Regional Medical Center (DRMC) offers residents of west central Pennsylvania a rare combination of technologically advanced health care in a warm, friendly environment. Widely recognized as one of the leading health centers of its kind in the commonwealth, DRMC is an oasis of clinical and technical excellence, with a focus on patient-centered care. Its rural setting is just far enough from the hustle of the city life to make it peaceful, but close enough to provide easy access to sought-after urban attractions.
Position Summary: Protects life and property of everyone on hospital premises and polices hospital buildings and grounds to prevent fire, theft, and vandalism.
* Complies with DRMC polices and procedures, with accreditation agency requirements, federal, state, or local law and regulations.
* Patrols the hospital's buildings and grounds to prevent fires, theft, and vandalism.
* Investigates incidents of unusual circumstances reported by hospital staff, visitors, physicians, or patients. Documents incident reports.
Monitor of security camera equipment.
* Responds to emergency calls for assistance to control disorderly conduct or combative patients by means of verbal intervention, or physical intervention with the least amount of force possible.
* Patrols buildings and grounds and inspects for safety and security.
* Reports all safety and fire hazards observed on routine patrols and inspections.
* Assists with traffic control by keeping fire lanes, fire hydrants, and ambulance entrances free of vehicles.
* Maintains accurate log of activities on tour of duty.
* Responds to parking lot security call boxes.
* Responds to designated area, assume responsibility as needed for the situation, takes measures to handle the incident in event of disturbance
* Investigates all reported visitor, patient, employee, and hospital thefts. Documents investigatory steps and results.
* Directs internal pedestrian traffic during emergencies, and special functions.
* Inventories, documents and secures valuables during patient admission or discharge as needed.
* Controls vehicular and pedestrian traffic for medical helicopter landings and lift-offs. Direct flight staff to appropriate areas for patient pickup and equipment loading and unloading.
* Cooperates with outside law / correction enforcement agencies in monitoring prisoner patient activities and provides training on DRMC policy and procedures
* Responds to calls to AOS when police bring in a patient for D.U.I. blood draws, provides assistance as needed.
* Periodically conducts maintenance checks on equipment. Reports any emergency problems to Maintenance on-call person. (EAST UNIT NIGHT SHIFT ONLY)
* Creates Work Orders for non emergency, Maintenance issues.
*Ensures the opening and locking of all entrances and exits on time.
* Responds to Code Red.
* Performs code drills as directed.
* In the event of a bomb threat, responsible for searching those areas or departments unoccupied at the time of the threat.
* Responds to required codes per department policies and procedures
* Completes safety and security inspections (including fire extinguishers) as directed.