The best of modern health care technology, plus the best of small town America!
Located in the midst of the beautiful rolling hills and woodlands of Pennsylvania, you don't have to be a native to feel at home here. No matter where your roots, you'll quickly recognize that the staff at Penn Highlands DuBois (PHD), like other residents of the community, will make you feel right at home.
Penn Highlands DuBois (PHD) offers residents of west central Pennsylvania a rare combination of technologically advanced health care in a warm, friendly environment. Widely recognized as one of the leading health centers of its kind in the commonwealth, PHD is an oasis of clinical and technical excellence, with a focus on patient-centered care. Its rural setting is just far enough from the hustle of the city life to make it peaceful, but close enough to provide easy access to sought-after urban attractions.
THE PHARMACY TECHNICIAN IS RESPONSIBLE TO THE DEPARTMENT MANAGER, PHARMACY SUPERVISOR, AND PHARMACIST. UNDER THE DIRECT SUPERVISION OF A PHARMACIST THE TECHNICIAN PERFORMS IV ADMIXTURE PREPARATION, FILLS MEDICATION ORDERS, AND MAINTAINS DRUG INVENTORY AND RECORDS. THE PHARMACY TECHNICIAN IS COMPETENT IN ALL BILLING AND CREDITING PROCESSES WITHIN THE PHARMACY DEPARTMENT.
*Complies with PENN HIGHLANDS DUBOIS policies and procedures, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state or local law and regulations
Prepares IV admixture and hyperal using proper technique accurately.
· Understands and works within USP 797 guidelines
· Performs cleaning procedures for laminar flow hood.
· Changes filters /tubing
Charges and credits patients accurately in the computer
Fills all drug orders and floor stock orders correctly
· Appropriately labels all “high risk” medications
Check code carts daily for lock integrity & monthly to document lock numbers
Replace and restock emergency trays and boxes
Make labels for bulk medications and prescriptions
Proficiently operates automated dispensing systems in the pharmacy
· restocks accurately
· operates cart fill system
· picks meds for new orders using automated systems
· maintains outdated drugs in automated systems
Checks code carts and restock when necessary
· Restocks code carts trays correctly and accurately
· Dates the outside of the tray with the appropriate expiration date
· Initials the sealed bag on the tray after restocking
· Completes the documentation on the blue code cart form
Picks up and delivers medications and carts according to set schedule
Checks drug storage in nursing units and in the pharmacy under the direct supervision of a pharmacist
Packages bulk medication in to unit dose according to the pharmacy.
Completes narcotic sheets and delivers narcotic stock in a timely manner
Initiates and participates in PI projects
· Serves on committees with FMEA projects
· Completes flow charts for completed projects
· Actively participates in education and initiation of new processes resulting from PI projects
Maintains narcotics system per DEA and state regulations
· Reviews CII prescriptions monthly
· Completes and transmits monthly DEA reports
· Distributes multi copy DEA blanks as required by law
· Completes narcotic inventory to maintain accurate counts
· Monitor all narcotic sheets for accuracy/ inaccuracies
· Completes biannual narcotic inventory
Maintains accudose equipment
· Adds, deletes, modifies users/stock as required
· Schedules updates to system to coordinate with nursing units
· Maintains formulary within the accudose system
· Creates reports on usage as required
· Maintains return bin in system
Assists with DRMC clinic set up and maintenance
Reviews patient charts for accuracy of medication documentation to assure proper reimbursement
Participates in the orientation and preceptorship of new staff members/students in clinical and dispensing areas of the department.
Utilizes effective interpersonal skills relating to the patient, family, and members of the health care team.
Other duties as directed.
CURRENT PENNSYLVANIA LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE OR PHARMACY TECHNICIAN OR TEMPORARY PERMIT TO START, THEN HAS 90 DAYS TO OBTAIN LPN REQUIRED.